Enhanced your Asus Eee PC Super Hybrid Engine
Posted on November 21st, 2009 Filed under Computer
Your Asus Eee PC using a technology called Super Hybrid Engine to maintaining long live battery for your mobility. The Super Hybrid Engine offers different power modes. The Assigned instant key toggles power savings between various power saving modes. The power saving modes control many aspects of your Eee PC 1005 HA to maximize performance versus battery time. The selected mode is shown on the display.
How to change the Super Hybrid Engine power mode:
- Using Click Start > All Programs > ASUS > Eee PC > SuperHybridEngine
- Using Press <Fn> + <Instant Key> (instant key is your “space bar” key) 3 repeatedly to switch power modes.
- Or Right click the Super Hybrid Engine icon in the Notification area, and select a preferred power mode.
The different between 4 options of Super Hybrid Engine:
- Super Performance Mode: This option will allow you to work in speed but more consuming battery lives.
- High Performance Mode: This option will give you fast application to start and working but also consuming battery lives in medium.
- Power Saving Mode: This option is the less, it give you more reliable and longer battery live, but it will slow down you computer performance in average.
- Auto Mode: this is the option that I’m usually use, just let the system give you the best way to perform and consuming the battery. It’s an automatic engine that count how programs, ram and user activity then trying to calculating which the best option for working.
Auto High Performance and Auto Power-Saving mode are available only when applying or removing the power adapter.
If you are using an External Monitor and your external monitor functions abnormally in Power Saving mode at a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels or higher, press <Fn> + <F5> repeatedly to switch the display mode to LCD Only or LCD + CRT Clone and reset the power mode to High Performance or Super Performance.