How to Setup your Eee PC Bluetooth Connections
Posted on November 26th, 2009 Filed under Computer
How to connect to a Bluetooth-enabled device:
Before we can use the Bluetooth, at the first time we need to setup the Bluetooth configuration.
- Press <Fn>+<F2> repeatedly until Bluetooth ON or WLAN & Bluetooth ON is shown.
- Click My Bluetooth Places on the desktop or menu and follow the onscreen instructions to finish initialization. Click Next to continue.
- Name your Eee PC and select the device type. Click Next to continue.
- To decide the Bluetooth services this device offers, click Next to continue.
- Select the service you would like to offer from the list and click Next to continue.
- Click Next to start setting up the Bluetooth connection to other devices.
Connecting to other Bluetooth Device:
- Open the Bluetooth menu and activate the Bluetooth “Start the Bluetooth Device”
- Click “Add the Bluetooth Device” then click Next.
- Then “Select a device”. Remote devices must be discoverable mode for this computer to find them.
- On the show all devices choose whether the devices you looking at or just choose show all devices.
- Choose the devices client then click Next
- Enter the Bluetooth security code and start pairing.
- After the paired relationship is built, select the service you are interested in from the list and click Next to continue.
- A message appears to show that the selected shortcuts have been created on the My Bluetooth Places screen of Windows Explorer. Click OK to continue.
- Click Skip to set up connection later and continue.
- Click Finish to complete the initial Bluetooth configuration.
During the process it is usually an alert on the client display to make the pair connection securely.