How To Using Eee PC 1005 HA Support DVD System Recovery
Posted on November 24th, 2009 Filed under Computer
The support DVD includes an image of the operating system, installed on you system at the factory. The support DVD provides a comprehensive recovery solution that quickly restores your system to its original working state, provided that your system drive is in good working order.
Before using the support DVD, copy your data files to a USB storage device, a network drive, external hard drive or others. Make note of any customized configuration settings (such as network settings, Outlook settings or MP3 Play list).
You will lose all your data during the system recovery. Please ensure to back up your important data before recovering your system.
Follow this step to Recovery your Eee PC to factory using Support DVD:
- Connect an external optical drive to your Eee PC and insert the support DVD into the Optical Drive (System needs to be powered ON).
- Press <Esc> on boot up and the Please select boot device screen appears. Select USB: XXXXX (may be labeled as the ODD brand name) to boot from the optical drive. (the screen will showing “Press any key to boot from CD …)
- Press any key to boot from the optical drive.
- Click Ok in the Recovery System for Eee PC dialog box.
- Click Yes to start the system recovery.
- After the system recovery is completed, eject the support DVD from the optical drive and click OK to restart the Eee PC.